Although adonais are the elven race in Third Dawn, they have modified racial traits from standard elves, as detailed below.
Primarily found within the Plains of Ventrad on the eastern side of the continent of Femon, adonais are most often nomadic and tribal by nature. Adonais tend to avoid permanent settlements, preferring the ability to pick up and move with the season.
As a general rule, adonais are more savage in nature than the races commonly found within the Ophid Protectorate, although they cannot be said to be stupid or crude. Instead, their response to insults, perceived or actual, tends to be extreme and violent, where other races might respond in a calm fashion. Mostly unknown on the continent of Tion, adonais can expect to receive a variety of reactions from the local residents, from curiosity to distrust.
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, –2 Constitution: Adonais are nimble, both in body and mind, but their form is frail. Medium: Adonais are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Normal Speed: Adonais have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: Adonais can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
- Adonai Immunities: Adonais are immune to sleep effects and get a +2 racial saving throw bonus against telepathy powers and effects.
- Keen Senses: Elves receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception skill checks.
- Weapon Familiarity: Adonais are proficient with longbows (including composite longbows), longswords, rapiers, and shortbows (including composite shortbows), and treat any weapon with the word “adonai” in its name as a martial weapon.