Soldiers of high caliber are easily acquired in a world at war, but a sage and knowledgeable aide is far rarer and much more valuable. Hence, where magic could not serve, many leaders turned to akashic craftsmen to build sage advisors from the raw forces of the multiverse. Despite their unconventional origins, these advisors are immensely skilled, able to discern a solution to almost any challenge.
- +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, -2 Dexterity. Advisors possess keen strategic minds, but their bodies aren’t always the most agile. This replaces the android’s normal ability score modifiers
- Expert Assistance: Advisors are always considered to have the Collar of Skilled Instruction veil shaped, and do not count it against their total veils shaped or their veil slots. They may invest essence in it normally. This ability replaces nanite surge.
- Akashic Affinity: Advisors gain the akashic subtype, and start play with one additional point of essence. This ability replaces exceptional senses.
While androids are known for being cold or emotionless, dedicated engineers have found ways to bypass this, creating artificial entities that are comely and sensible rather than off-putting and unconcerned.
- +2 Charisma, +2 Wisdom, -2 Strength. Amici are friendly and sensible but are rarely optimized for combat purposes. This replaces the android’s normal ability score modifiers.
- Empathic Tact: Amici gain a +2 bonus on Sense Motive, bluff, Intimidate, and Diplomacy skill checks, as well as charisma checks. This ability replaces emotionless.
- Humanoid Appearance: Amici gain a +8 bonus on disguise checks to appear as creatures of one other race, chosen at their creation. This ability replaces exceptional senses.
Alternate Racial Traits
Psionic Craft: Some Androids are built using psionic methods rather than nanite-centered ones, and so they possess several unusual abilities. Choose one piece of psibertech. The android starts life with this piece’s basic augmentation. In addition, the android gains Wild Talent as a bonus feat and can choose to gain an additional power point instead of a hit point or skill point when he takes a level in a favored class. This ability replaces nanite surge.
Youthful: Some androids are designed to resemble children rather than adults, residing in an unaging body of a younger human. The android’s size changes to Small, and it gains a +2 size bonus to Dexterity while taking a -2 size penalty to Strength. In addition, the android’s speed is reduced to 20 feet. This ability replaces the android’s normal size and speed.
Tenacity: Some androids lack the nanitic abilities of their kin but compensate for this with advanced learning abilities. These androids receive a bonus feat of their choice at 1st level that they meet the prerequisites for. This ability replaces nanite surge and alert.