Legendary Gunslinger Deeds
The following are the deeds available to the legendary gunslinger.
- Deadeye: At 1st level, the legendary gunslinger can resolve an attack against touch AC instead of normal AC when firing beyond her firearm’s first range increment. Performing this deed costs 1 grit point per range increment beyond the first. The legendary gunslinger still takes the –2 penalty on attack rolls for each range increment beyond the first when she performs this deed.
- Gunslinger’s Reflexes: At 1st level, the legendary gunslinger gains an uncanny knack for knowing how to avoid attacks. As long as the legendary gunslinger has at least 1 grit point, she does not provoke attacks of opportunity for firing or reloading a firearm.
- Quick Clear: At 1st level, as a standard action, the legendary gunslinger can remove the broken condition from a single firearm she is currently wielding, as long as that condition was gained by a firearm misfire. The legendary gunslinger must have at least 1 grit point to perform this deed. Alternatively, if the legendary gunslinger spends 1 grit point to perform this deed, she can perform quick clear as a move action instead of a standard action.
- Ricochet Shot: At 3rd level, the legendary gunslinger can make a surprise attack, being able fire a shot at a wall or piece of solid terrain, and have it ricochet off. When she does, she uses the square immediately in front of the wall or piece of solid terrain to determine line of sight to a target, and this square is considered the new origin square of the attack, although her attack roll takes a -2 penalty. The attack uses that square to determine the effects of cover, and the legendary gunslinger’s own square to determine the effects of concealment. The legendary gunslinger can make this shot as long as she has at least 1 grit point. When making this shot, she can spend 1 grit point to ignore the effects of all cover or concealment. The legendary gunslinger must choose to spend the grit point before she makes the attack roll.
- Speedloader: At 3rd level, as long as the legendary gunslinger has at least 1 grit point, she reduces the action needed to load a firearm as long as it would be able to be loaded as a full action or quicker; from a full round to a standard, standard to move, and move to free action.
- Utility Shot: At 3rd level, if the legendary gunslinger has at least 1 grit point, she can perform all of the following utility shots. Each utility shot can be applied to any single attack with a firearm, but the legendary gunslinger must declare the utility shot she is using before firing the shot.
- Blast Lock: The legendary gunslinger makes an attack roll against a lock within the first range increment of her firearm. A Diminutive lock usually has AC 7, and larger locks have a lower AC. The lock gains a bonus to its AC against this attack based on its quality. A simple lock has a +10 bonus to AC, an average lock has a +15 bonus to AC, a good lock has a +20 bonus to AC, and a superior lock has a +30 bonus to AC. Arcane lock grants a +10 bonus to the AC of a lock against this attack. On a hit, the lock is destroyed, and the object can be opened as if it were unlocked. On a miss, the lock is destroyed, but the object is jammed and still considered locked. It can still be unlocked by successfully performing this deed, by using the Disable Device skill, or with the break DC, though the DC for either break or Disable Device or the AC increases by 10. A key, combination, or similar mechanical method of unlocking the lock no longer works, though knock can still be employed to bypass the lock, and the creator of an arcane lock can still bypass the wards of that spell.
- Scoot Unattended Object: The legendary gunslinger makes an attack roll against a Tiny or smaller unattended object within the first range increment of her firearm. A Tiny unattended object has an AC of 5, a Diminutive unattended object has an AC of 7, and a Fine unattended object has an AC of 11. On a hit, the legendary gunslinger does not damage the object with the shot, but can move it up to 15 feet farther away from the shot’s origin. On a miss, she damages the object normally.
- Trap Springer: The legendary gunslinger can make an attack roll against a trap within the first range increment of her firearm as long as she is able to target its triggering mechanism (such as a floor plate), treating the Disable Device check of the trap as its AC for this attack. If this attack is successful, the trap is automatically activated. If the legendary gunslinger targets a trap she or one of her allies created (she must have observed the creation of the trap), she gains a +5 circumstance to her attack roll while using this deed.
- Dead Shot: At 7th level, as a full-round action, the legendary gunslinger can take careful aim and pool all of her attack potential into a single, deadly shot. When she does this, she shoots the firearm at a single target, but makes as many attack rolls as she can, based on her base attack bonus; for attacks made with this deed, she treats her class level as her base attack bonus to determine how many attacks she can make. If she possesses the Rapid Shot feat or Twin Shot gun mastery, she can make an additional attack, although all attack rolls she makes suffer a -2 penalty. She makes the attack rolls in order from highest bonus to lowest, as if she were making a full attack. If any of the attack rolls hit the target, the legendary gunslinger’s single attack is considered to have hit. For each additional successful attack roll beyond the first, the legendary gunslinger increases the damage of the shot by the base damage dice of the firearm. For instance, if a 7th-level legendary gunslinger firing a musket hits with both attacks, she does 2d12 points of damage with the shot, instead of 1d12 points of damage, before adding any damage modifiers. Precision damage and extra damage from weapon special abilities (such as flaming) are added with damage modifiers and are not increased by this deed. If one or more rolls are critical threats, she confirms the critical once using her highest base attack bonus –5. For each critical threat beyond the first, she reduces this penalty by 1 (to a maximum of 0). The legendary gunslinger only misfires on a dead shot if all the attack rolls are misfires. She cannot perform this deed with a blunderbuss or other scatter weapon when attacking creatures in a cone. The legendary gunslinger must spend 1 grit point to perform this deed.
- Interrogation Shot: At 7th level, as a standard action, the legendary gunslinger can spend 1 grit point to shoot a firearm past a creature’s body, causing that creature to suffer a -10 penalty on Bluff checks while the legendary gunslinger gains a circumstance bonus on Intimidate checks made against that creature equal to 1/2 her class level; both of these effects last for 1 minute. The creature cannot benefit from any bonuses to Bluff checks, nor can they reroll a bluff check while under the effects of this deed. A creature must be aware of the attack to be affected by this deed.
- Targeting: At 7th level, as an attack action, the legendary gunslinger can make a single firearm attack and choose part of the body to target. She gains the following effects depending on the part of the body targeted, damaging the creature as normal. If a creature does not have one of the listed body locations, that part cannot be targeted. This deed costs 1 grit point to perform no matter which part of the creature she targets. Creatures that are immune to sneak attacks are immune to these effects.
- Arms: On a hit, the target drops one carried item of the legendary gunslinger’s choice, even if the item is wielded with two hands. Items held in a locked gauntlet are not dropped on a hit.
- Head: On a hit, the target is also confused for 1 round. This is a mind-affecting effect.
- Legs: On a hit, the target is knocked prone. Creatures that have four or more legs or that are immune to trip attacks are immune to this effect
- Torso: Targeting the torso increases the critical threat range of your attack by 1 (this stacks with the Improved Critical feat and keen but is applied last).
- Wings: On a hit, the target falls 20 feet if they are currently in the air.
- Bleeding Wound: At 11th level, when the legendary gunslinger hits a living creature with a firearm attack, she can spend 1 grit point as a free action to have that attack deal extra bleed damage. The amount of bleed damage is equal to the legendary gunslinger’s Dexterity modifier. Alternatively, the legendary gunslinger can spend 2 grit points to deal 1 point of Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution bleed damage (legendary gunslinger’s choice) instead. Creatures that are immune to sneak attacks are also immune to these types of bleed damage.
- Dead Man’s Trigger: At 11th level, if a legendary gunslinger is reduced to 0 or fewer hit points without dying, she can spend 2 grit points to make an attack against a single hostile creature as an immediate action; if this attack is successful, it deals damage as normal and she heals an amount of hit points equal to her class level. The deed’s cost cannot be reduced by the true grit class ability, the Signature DeedUC feat, or any other effect that reduces the amount of grit a deed costs.Lightning Reflexes: At 11th level, as long as the legendary gunslinger has at least 1 grit point, she threatens all squares within 5 ft. of herself while wielding a firearm. If the legendary gunslinger would already threaten while wielding a ranged weapon, such as due to possessing the Snap ShotUC feat, this deed increases that range by 5 ft.
- Anti-Magic Shot: At 15th level, when a legendary gunslinger hits a creature, she can spend 1 grit point as a free action to make it an anti-magic shot. A creature damaged by an anti-magic shot must make a successful Will saving throw or be unable to cast spells or use any spell-like abilities it possesses for 1 round.
- Perfect Aim: At 15th level, the legendary gunslinger can spend 1 grit point and select a single creature of which she is aware, ignoring any miss chance that creature possesses until the beginning of her next turn. In addition, all firearms the legendary gunslinger wields are treated as though they had the ghost touch property as long as she has at least 1 grit point.
- Slinger’s Luck: At 15th level, the legendary gunslinger can spend 2 grit points to reroll a saving throw. The legendary gunslinger must take the result of the second roll, even if it is lower. The deed’s cost cannot be reduced by the true grit class ability, the Signature Deed feat, or any other effect that reduces the amount of grit a deed costs.
- Destructive Shot: At 19th level, when a legendary gunslinger hits a creature, she can spend 2 grit points to make it a destructive shot. A creature damaged by a destructive shot takes normal hit point damage and also takes 1d6 points each of Strength, Constitution, and Dexterity damage; a successful Fortitude save halves this ability damage. On a critical hit, this ability damage is doubled; it is not affected by the weapon’s critical multiplier.
- Magic Bullet: At 19th level, a legendary gunslinger can spend 1 grit point to cause all of her attacks made with a firearm to ignore all damage reduction a creature possesses until the beginning of her next turn. In addition, if the legendary gunslinger deals damage to a creature that possesses regeneration (except for creatures whose regeneration cannot be suppressed, such as the tarrasque) while this deed’s effect is active, it must make a successful Fortitude saving throw or have that regeneration suppressed for a number of rounds equal to the legendary gunslinger’s Wisdom modifier.
- Stunning Shot: At 19th level, when a legendary gunslinger hits a creature, she can spend 2 grit points to stun the target for 1 round (Fortitude negates). Creatures that are immune to critical hits are also immune to this effect.
The deeds below may be selected by the kaigun or any other character who can access deeds and that is of the psionic subtype.
- Explosive Shot (Su): At 1st level, when the gunslinger makes a ranged attack with a firearm, she can spend 1 grit point and have the attack deal splash damage to all creatures within a 5 ft. radius of the creature struck. Splash damage from explosive shot is always equal to the attack’s minimum damage. Alternatively, the gunslinger can spend 2 grit points to have the radius of the effect be 10 ft. instead of 5 ft. If the attack misses, the effect is wasted.
- Energized Ammunition (Su): At 11th level, when the gunslinger makes a ranged attack with a firearm, she can spend 1 grit point as a free action to change the damage of the attack to her active energy type.
- Thundering Shot (Su): At 11th level, the gunslinger can spend 1 grit point and fire her gun into the ground at her feet to cause a concussive blast to all creatures within 30 ft. of her. All creatures in the blast radius suffer force damage equal to the gunslinger’s level. Creatures that make a Reflex saving throw with a DC equal to 10 + 1/2 the gunslinger’s level + the gunslinger’s Dexterity modifier suffer only half damage.
- Blind Shot (Su): At 15th level, the gunslinger can spend 1 grit point as a free action and have the blindsight ability until the end of her next turn.
- Slowing Shot (Su): At 15th level, when the gunslinger hits a creature with a firearm attack, she can spend 1 grit point as a free action and cause the creature to be slowed. The target is staggered and can take only a single move action or standard action each turn, but not both (nor may it take full-round actions). Additionally, it takes a –1 penalty on attack rolls, AC, and Reflex saves. The creature moves at half its normal speed (round down to the next 5-foot increment), which affects the creature’s jumping distance as normal for decreased speed. This effect lasts for a number of rounds equal to the gunslinger’s Wisdom modifier (minimum 1).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.